Saturday 19 January 2013

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS CODE!!

THE DA VINCI CODE
DAN BROWN

Well, to say the least, The Da Vinci Code is all Christian and a normal Indian person would find it very difficult to understand. But, BUT, don't underestimate it. It has got layers and layers of mystery attached to Christ and when you get to know the revelations, that too, amazing, you can't help but read one more and one more page of it.


Harvard Professor Robert Langdon recieves an urgent late-night phone call while on business in Paris, the elderly curator of the Louvre has been brutally murdered inside the museum. Alongside the body, police have found a series of baffling codes. As Langdon and a gifted French cryptologist Sophie Neveu, begin to sort throught the bizarre riddles, they are stunned to find a trail that leads back to the works of Leonardo Da Vinci-and suggests the answer to a a mystery that stretches deep into the vault of history. 

Starting off, I found The Da Vinci Code as difficult as Mathematics to understand. I could not make head nor tail of it. Actually, it was a gift to my elder brother from one of his friends and I can see noticeably that he had read one or two chapters and dumped it. He even underlined the difficult words!!But, coming to Chapter 1, I was like, oh my gosh, what did just happened??

If you haven't read the book prior to the film(TOM HANKS movie), I would recommend to all those out there, that reading the book first will help to watch the movie with much sincerity and (before)knowledge. Sure, the book is a bit English, but you can't help reading after you have noticed the extremely good reviews of this book. Wanna see the examples??Here they are:

"Intrigue and menace mingle in one of the finest mysteries I have ever read"
"An exhilaratingly brainy thriller"
"Fascinating and absorbing"
Yea, these are some of the praises showered upon The Da Vinci Code. The more I read, the more I had to read.

All in All, The Da Vinci Code is simultaneousy fast-paced, intelligent and intricately layered with remarkable research and detail. Therefore, I would recommend to every and each reader out there who are a fan of lightning paced mysteries and thriller. 9 stars out of 10 this extremely engaging book.




No comments:

Post a Comment